Access Statement for the York House
The York House is a family run guest house with 12 bedrooms over 2 floors. The building the result of a combining of two Victorian houses and therefore no lifts are available, making it unsuitable for wheelchair users.
- We are located on York Road off the A689 in the town centre
- The railway station is approximately 15 minutes walk away
- There are many local taxi with accessible cars, we can provide you with number or we also can prebook one should you require
- Our website www.theyorkhouse.co.uk will provide you with useful link, pictures, and full range of information you may need , we offer the facility to check availability and make your online booking.
- You can contact us by telephone, email, fax, Skype.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Please advise us of your expected time of arrival to ensure that we are here to welcome you
- Our check in time is 13.00 h, but early check in may be available
- We do not have private car parking, however Parking off main road is available at the rear of the York house and parking at the front of the establishment is allowed from 7pm till 7am
- We offer assistance with luggage when ever required.
Main Entrance & Reception
- From the street they are a small step of 10cm
- Before the front door they are two step of 15cm
- The walk way to the front door is concreted and none slip
- Please ring the bell on the left hand side to gain access when you first arrive
- There is a daytime contact telephone number by the front door
- The front door is 75cm wide and the inner door 85cm
- Inside, the full establishment is carpeted
- The reception is in front easy access for registration with a large display of tourist information.
Public Areas – General (internal)
- From the reception they is a door leading to the bar area
- On the left the breakfast room
- Though the arch you will get access to the main restaurant, a very light slope is under the arch due to the link of the two houses
- On the right of the bar trough the double door is conservatory our public lounge with various seating for 10 people 3 coffee table 46cm high, a 42cm plasma TV
- The conservatory lead to the back of the guest house
- From the reception There are 16 step 16cm high and 25cm depth to the half landing
- Further 4 step to the first floor
- And further 18 step to the second floor.
- Banister is on the left hand side
- Central Heating is control by a timer and each bedroom radiator are fitted with a thermostat valve control.
Public Areas – WC
- To the right of the lounge they the public toilet, Ladies toilet door is 95cm wide making access to wheelchair easy. Gents toilet is fitted with a standard 75 cm wide door.
Restaurant/ Dining Room, Bar & Lounges, Take Away & Café.
- Guests are welcome to use all public areas
- Bar is fitted with Stoll bar of 45cm and 75 cm high table 70cm high
- Restaurant and breakfast tables are 75cm high and 75 X 75 with arm chairs in the breakfast room and none arm chairs in the restaurant.
- Breakfast is served to the table, fruit juice, cereal, fruit, yogurt, are self service
- Restaurant is open from 7pm till 8.00pm for residents and till 9pm to none residents. We do not allow food bought elsewhere to be consumed on the premises.
- Menus are available in large type format with prior arrangement.
- Laundry facilities are available and contracted outside generally on the same day if left at reception before 10pm. We do not accept any responsibility for any damage of loss of items.
- We are in the town centre, the shopping mall is at 3 minutes walk
- We have a large selection of leaflets available at reception and we have been on different discovery tours and have accrued a wide knowledge of many attractions, so please ask. You can also visit our link page on our website.
Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting, Clubs, Entertainment.
- Restaurant is available for hire for small conferences or meeting room, flipchart available, and other equipment can be hired out.
- All rooms are double glazed central heating throughout with thermostatic valve control
- Access to WiFi with access code and Free of charge
- Hospitality tray with fairtrade products, tea, coffee, flavor tea, chocolate drink, biscuits, chocolates mints, bottle of water
- Beds are made with blankets, duvet available on request
- Pillows are synthetic fibre
- Spare pillows and blankets are in the wardrobe
- All rooms have 27inch flat screen TV, freeview, and DVD, hair dryer, trouser presser
- Play station in family room
Bathroom, Showerroom & WC (ensuite or Shared)
- 10 bedrooms en suite
- 2 bedroom (top floor) with a shared bathroom. Bathrobe is provided for travelling to and from the shower room situated on the first landing level
- All bedrooms on the first floor are fitted with shower only
- All bedrooms on the second floor are fitted with bath and shower hand over bath.
- Address: The York House 185-187 York Road Hartlepool TS26 9EE
- Telephone: (01429)867373
- Low call number charge to your local call: 0845 500 55 66
- Skype: Raudin1
- EFax: (01429) 804601
- Fax: (01429) 867220
- Website: www.theyorkhotel.co.uk
- Local accessible Taxi: Hudson (01429) 233777
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comment please phone or email.
Thank you for visiting our site and considering us for your stay in Hartlepool.